It's fascinating the degree to which Microsoft/SCO backed front companies are trying to create FUD around the use and authorship of the Linux operating system. In a Slashdot article today, they link to an article by Andy Tanenabaum about Ken Brown's claims that Linux Torvards is not the author of Linux. Brown's argument seems to center around the notion that it's impossible for an individual to write an entire operating system by themselves.
This would seem to be a curious idea to come away with after talking to Andy Tanenbaum, since that's precisely what Andy himself did.
- Brainwagon Radio
- Computer Checkers
- Guide To Podcasting
- Making an ATtiny13 Powered Pumpkin!
- The Arduino n’ Gameduino Satellite Tracker
- The Enigma 2600
- Hooded Oriole at my hummingbird feeder… on
47 Some28? mistakes in Gould’s The Game of Draughts on
- Web-based control of an RGB LED via the Nanode, an Arduino compatible microcontroller on
- Some example python code to fetch weather forecasts… on
- Using the Arduino to send audio via pulse width modulation on
On this day...
Posts on this day from years past:
- Recordings of High Frequency Beacons...
- Revisiting TinyP2P
- YAFU factors a 100 digit number for me...
- 2N2/6 Transverter Information
- Wall•E Looking at Hal
- Field Day Weekend Activities
- Whacky Computer Music Story of the Day...
- Best iPhone Quote of the Day
- Ratatouille Opens! iPhone arrives!
- So Long Brown v. Education...
- I don't get Gnomedex
- $9 billion dollar windfall for film industry