Milhouse still has some confusing bugs…

April 15, 2007 | General | By: Mark VandeWettering

Well, I’ve got my first trivial attempts at alpha-beta search working, and my confidence in the general framework that I had constructed was growing, when I discovered that there are some circumstances where milhouse (which mostly just plays itself at the moment) seems to forget which side it is playing, and moves red checkers when it should be moving white ones. I’m kind of baffled as to the cause. I’ll have to think about it some more. In the mean time, I have begun to consider what work I need to interface milhouse to the world at large: this mostly means understanding how to compile it to play with xchecker, and also to be able to read and produce Portable Draughts Notation files. I haven’t done any work on the former, but the latter is described in the following format description document:

PDN 2.0 Specification

Technorati Tags: ,