This guy walked around CeBIT with a headmounted video camera and a portable MPEG4 video recorder, and then made the CeBIT 2005 video coverage available via BitTorrent. Cool!
This week I was too busy over the weekend, so I recorded this podcast using my Dell Axim x50v PDA while driving to work. It was recorded using the Resco Audio Recorder which was recommended by Josh over at TinyScreenfuls, and I must admit: it kicks ass. It allows me to record in .mp3, .ogg or .spx format on my PDA. It’s a pity that it doesn’t support mp3 tagging, it would be nearly ideal for mobile podcasting. Let me know what you all think of the quality, I think it isn’t too bad given that I was just using the built-in mic.
- Robots, the new animated feature by Blue Sky.
- I’m sure everyone else has probably seen this, but I caught the trailer for Revenge of the Sith before Robots. Mmmm. Delicious eye-candy.
- Graphics paper of the week: Nonconvex Rigid Bodies with Stacking
- Danny Chapman wrote an implementation of the above paper. Fun to watch ragdolls get mashed by cars. Very nice demo.
- I’ve mentioned this before, but another implementation of the same idea is Stair Dismount. Check it out, along with its brother Truck Dismount.
I still have gmail invites, so go ahead and send me an email and I’ll send you an invite.
Thanks to Jason for helping me get this mp3 file off my PDA.
I didn’t get my podcast recorded last night, but one will be coming
shortly… tonight. I’ve got it all recorded on my PDA, but unfortunately I have no way of getting it transferred off to my server. It will have to wait until this evening. Thanks to Jason, it’s up!