You begin by leading 4-2 in the top of the ninth, and then bring in your reliever to get two quick outs:
– B. Lidge relieved D. Wheeler
– J. Rodriguez hit for H. Luna
– J. Rodriguez struck out swinging
– J. Mabry struck out swinging
Then, you let some speedy kid bang out a single to left, and then let him advance to second.
– D. Eckstein singled to left
– D. Eckstein to second on fielder’s indifference
Then it would be good to walk Edmonds so that you could bring up Pujols, and let him crack a game winning homer over the fence.
– J. Edmonds walked
– A. Pujols homered to deep left, J. Edmonds and D. Eckstein scored
– R. Sanders struck out looking
3 runs, 2 hits, 0 errors
St. Louis 5, Houston 4
It goes back to St. Louis. If the Astros don’t make it to the Series, this will go down as one of the most amazing ninth innings in baseball history.