Today’s Project: The HamCan

I ordered a little HamCan kit about a week ago. It’s a little QRP CW transceiver produced by the Four State QRP kit. Today, I spent about an hour assembling it, and fired it up. This is just a short status report: it’s acting a bit wonky. The tone sounds pretty rough, the frequency seems off, and adjusting the regeneration doesn’t seem to change anything. I’ll be debugging it over the next week or so, but consider this a quick little intro to it.

Addendum: Here’s the radio hooked up and “working”. If anyone has any bright ideas on how to debug it, feel free to drop me an email with your suggestions.