I think Bill and Pete have been having way too much fun with the radio projects centered around the Arduino and the SI5351, so I decided to join them and ordered one of Adafruit’s SI5351 boards (I still have the kit from Jason’s Kickstarter which will almost certainly be better once I get up the nerve to do a little surface mount soldering). At the same time, I noticed that Adafruit had the new quad-core Raspberry Pi 2 boards in stock. It’s likely that my hummingbird cam may be resurrected onto this board to give me a little extra CPU oomph.
Oh, and the other items? I like to have plastic dinosaurs in my office, and the baseball was a ball I caught during an (otherwise completely forgettable) Oakland Athletics game.
I was informed by email that Pete was unable to achieve the same minor level of success that I had following my directions on how to get the Arduino 1.6.3 environment working with the I2C LCD display. For now, Pete seems content to use the 1.0.x versions, which I suppose is okay, but maybe we will revisit this sometime in the future. In the meantime Bill has had greater success in getting his Si5351 board working as a VFO/BFO, and has it mounted on some copper clad. Looks very nice. I should do a project like this.
Anywho… today’s aquisitions will likely show up in a future post/video. Stay tuned.