Okay, I bet that hardly anyone comes to this blog anymore. I’ve been slack, and there hasn’t been any reason other than the simple fact that I haven’t felt motivated to invest the time and energy to talk about any of my projects. But that doesn’t mean that I have completely halted all attempts at doing cool (or at least “cool to me”) projects. Over the last few months, I have:
- started teaching myself how to use Kicad
- ordered all sorts of crazy electronics modules from China
- upgraded my soldering iron to a Hakko 888 and got a hot air rework station from Sparkfun
- ordered my first boards from OSHpark
- and in the last week, assembled a 3D printer from a $150 kit
Just as a tease, here’s my second print off my completely unoptimized 3D printer. Not at all bad!
If any of these projects sound interesting and you’d like to hear more, why not send me a tweet (@twitter) and let me know what topics you are interested in. I could use a little poking and prodding to increase my enthusiasm. I still might get around to it without your questions and polite prodding, but every little bit helps.